Castlecary House Hotel
- All the staff is super nice! And the hotel is cozy and lovely renewed. It was beyond my expectation! Great deal. Chic bar and good prices. Great breakfast
- Central to Glasgow and Edinburgh easy drive to both
- I didn’t realise it was separate apartments so was pleasantly surprised at this
- The family room was very convenient with 2 bathrooms. By car not very far from Stirling and the Trossachs.
- Room size was great, nice powerful shower, hotel was very quiet and relaxed - i did not see many other guests (apart from at breakfast.)
- Restaurant good, lots of space, staff nice, clean, handy for motorway.
- Rey good food in restaurant both evening and breakfast.
- The traditional building was nice and the grounds were lovely, it is situated is a very peaceful location, which was perfect for our needs.
- We didn't arrive until just before midnight so I was a little worried about gaining access to our room, however, the night porter was brilliant. He got us checked in quickly and gave us directions to our room. He also opened the bar so we could sit down for an hour and have a drink after a very long 7-hour drive.
- Staff were great .clean room .very helpful
- Hotel has recently been updated. Loved the air conditioner in the bar/restaurant. Our room was at the front of the hotel so had a lot of traffic noise but did not affect our sleep. Staff friendly and helpful.
- The hotel looks great from the outside and the restaurant is modern and clean. The food in the restaurant was very well prepared and the staff was friendly and helpful. Sadly it was let down by the room allocated to me for the night.
- The bed was comfy, plenty of pillows, parking is plentiful and you are next to the motorway.
- The restaurant in the hotel was fantastic. We had dinner and breakfast and both meals were amazing and great value for money. I will definitely be going back again when visiting the area and also will recommend friends :-)
- I liked the size of the rooms and how clean and tidy they were.
- Quality friendly environment with great food
- Everything couldn't fault facilities service or food oh and the beer was good staff were exceptional
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
Falkirk Golf Club
Stirling Services M9
Airdrie Golf Club
The Italian Centre
Stirling Community Hospital
BMI Kings Park Hospital
Firth of Forth River
Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome
Glasgow Central Train Station
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
University of Glasgow
- A varied menu, very decent portions and good food, between 4 of us we had 3 starters, 4 mains, 2 pints of lager, a large wine and 2 cokes came to just under £70. Highlight was cullin soup, with the fish and chips coming a...More
- A big thank you goes out to the Castlecary House Hotel for there amazing venue for our big day. Gerry, Karen and the team were amazing throughout the process and the day itself. I can't thank them enough. The hotel has just been done up...More
- Attended a family wedding here last month. Was sold an 'upgraded' room at an additional cost of £30 (£100 in total) on the premise that these were 'luxury', larger than other rooms and very high quality. Was given the key to the smallest hotel room...More
- Went to the Castlecary House for lunch, a party of 4. Due to a wedding in the main function suite we were invited into the bar for lunch. It is newly refurbished and looks amazing. Its very bright and airy and welcoming. We were seated...More
- We stayed overnight in a very uncomfortable, loud, dirty room. There was no number to call reception and when we highlighted the issues we were told they were laying new carpets. We've tried to contact the hotel 4 times to no avail. Avoid at all...More
In a country village, the Castlecary House Hotel is 4 minutes from Cumbernauld Airport, 15 minutes from Stirling and 30 minutes from Glasgow. It offers home-cooked food, real ales and malt whiskeys. Rooms at this family-run hotel are mainly in cottages in the hotel grounds. They feature traditional décor, a seating area, a work desk and a TV. Cameron’s Restaurant features local ingredients and serves Scottish dishes, Sunday Lunch and High Tea. Children’s menus and a full Scottish breakfast are available. Castlecary House features two guest lounges which both offer a wide range of beers, wines and spirits. Free Wi-Fi and free parking are also available. The trout fishing at the Carron Valley Reservoir and hiking and cycling in the Ochil Hills are 10 minutes’ drive away. Stirling Castle and the medieval old town are 15 minutes away. Edinburgh is 40 minutes' drive away, and the hotel is 5 minutes from the local train station connecting Edinburgh and Glasgow.